Moringa Oleifera, also known as horseradish tree, ben tree, or drumstick tree.
It is highly nutritious and powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and tissue-protective properties and many other health benefits. It is used to treat and prevent diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, anemia, arthritis, liver disease, and respiratory, skin, and digestive disorders. It is a rich source of many vitamins and minerals iron,vitamin A, K , E,calcium & magnesium.
It has high fiber content which helps in digestion. It is a natural source of these nutrients, it is highly bioavailable, so body can absorb the benefits more easily than by taking synthetic supplements. It’s used as a traditional remedy for many ailments and has many health benefits:
1. REDUCTION OF TIREDNESS & FATIGUE
Iron and magnesium are both essential for the reduction of tiredness and fatigue in the body, and vitamin A supports the metabolism of iron ensuring a greater uptake. Adding moringa to your daily routine is an effective, natural way to prevent tiredness and fatigue.
The rich iron content of moringa powder also makes it ideal for vegan, vegetarians and those suffering from anaemia.
Vitamin A is essential for healthy, radiant skin and vitamin E protects cells from oxidative stress helping fight the signs of ageing.
Antioxidants are essential for protecting, repairing and preventing cell damage, minimising the ageing process of the skin in the long-term. They help counteract oxidative stress and the effects of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen causing skin dryness, fine lines, wrinkles and premature ageing.
One of the best moringa benefits is its super immune-boosting powers. Maintaining a healthy immune system is essential for helping our bodies stave off infections and illnesses.
Moringa Oleifera leaves are an extremely rich source of iron and vit A,which are essential for the normal function of the immune system. Moringa leaves have been shown to have beneficial properties to fight against both breast and colon cancer cells.
4. MUSCLE GROWTH
It is a complete source of protein, supporting the growth and maintenance of muscle mass.
The high protein content of moringa makes it particularly beneficial for vegans and vegetarians who struggle to get a sufficient protein supply.
One of the key moringa benefits is its high magnesium content. Magnesium is essential for normal psychological function and the normal functioning of the nervous system.
It is an old home remedy for anxiety, apathy, depression, headaches, insecurity, irritability, restlessness… and sulkiness.”
It also contains 31% fibre which can help support a healthy digestive system and bowel regularity.
Fibre can also be helpful for weight management as it helps you feel fuller for longer and supports a healthy metabolism.
There are many other benefits also :
- Its is a rich source of vitamin A which contributes to normal vision.
- Moringa oleifera leaves are a rich source of vitamin K , protein , calcium and magnesium which support normal bones.
- It contains glucose-modifying, anti-diabetic properties that can fight Type 2 diabetes and obesity. Moringa leaves effectively lower blood sugar levels.
- It is a known agent for preventing hypercholesterolemia and hyperglycemia.
- The leaves have a high iron content and help prevent anemia.
- It helps protect liver and promote cleansing of the body.
- It has a strong anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory effect , so it helps fight skin infections or scurvy, as well as providing healing and relief for wounds or insect bites. It helps stop bleeding as well.
- Moringa flowers are boiled in water and made into a tea, which is believed to fight colds.
Recommendation for daily intake: 5 – 10 grams per day can be used.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE :
Carbohydrate : 19.2g
Protein : 23.1g
Fat : 4.7g
Fibre : 31g