- Watermelon is around 90% water, . And also provides electrolytes, such as potassium. This makes it a healthful choice of snack during the hot summer months . It can also satisfy a sweet tooth with its natural sugars.
- Watermelon also contains antioxidants[substances that protects the cells against oxidative stress]
- In a 2012 study, researchers found that watermelon extract reduced blood pressure in people with obesity and early hypertension
- Because Watermelon has high water content and also provides some fiber, it helps promote a healthy gut by preventing constipation and promoting regularity of bowel movements.
- In a study it was concluwatermelon’s diuretic action might be as effective as that of furosemide, which is a well-known diuretic. This could make it a natural option for people with excess fluid
- MANGO –
- Mangos are a rich source of magniferin, a plant compound that has Antioxidant , Anti inflammatory ,Anti diabetic and gastrointestinal health benefits
- diverse antioxidants including vitamins A, B6, E and C, pectin, flavonoids, beta-cryptoxanthin, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, fibers, micronutrients and minerals including copper
- both mango and mango leaf extract can improve insulin production and sensitivity, stabilizing blood sugar level and normalizes glycemic in pre-diabetics and diabetics
2 .FOOD MISTAKES PEOPLE DO WHILE TRAVELLING[AND HOW TO AVOID THEM]
ARE YOU PLANNING TO TRAVEL AND TAKE A TRIP THIS VACATION ?? ALSO WORRIED THAT YOU MIGHT PUT ON SOME EXTRAA KGS ??
DONNOT WORRY WE HAVE GOT YOU COVERED !!!
-HERE ARE SOME FOOD MISTAKES THAT YOU TEND TO DO WHILE TRAVELLING
– when travelling there could be an urge to try variety of snacks and go overboard with them.try to resist this feeling and stick to your regular food plan
-Trying to stay awake while travelling or adjusting to jetlag can often lead to an increase in caffeine consumption. Consuming too much caffeine can elevate your stress hormones, which can in turn negatively impact your immune function and ability to relax. Instead, try to choose less caffeinated beverages.
-Hotels, and resorts often offer all-inclusive menu options, allowing you to indulge in their selection of foods at any time. Resist the temptation to indulge in overeating and choose simple foods similar to your plan . avoid foods that might be fried or full of butter and oils . start your meals with salad, clear soups to avoid overeating
– DONOT CONFUSE YOUR THIRST WITH HUNGER -consume enough water and stay well hydrated during you travel to take care of your overall health in terms of energy and vitality and avoid dehydration
-When travelling, you get an opportunity to experience new cuisines and restaurants. Be sure to look into the healthy and delicious food options that your destination offers
-DON’T BE A COUCH POTATO – try and indulge in some kind of activity like walking a few miles , cycling , swimming , etc to help your metabolism keep going
- BEAT THE HEAT WITH THESE SUMMER FOODS
Hydration is one of the most important summer health tips. As the temperature rises, your body temperature cools off by perspiring, so you need a lot more water to replace all the fluid you lose in the summer heat. The body is made up of 50%–70% water. The body loses fluids through its regular daily functions, so you need to keep replenishing with water.
-FOODS THAT HELP BEAT THE HEAT ARE
Cucumbers contain over 95% of water, making them among the best hydrating foods to eat during summer. Cucumbers make a great snack when dipped in hummus or sliced and eaten plain. Try a cucumber salad for an easy, no-cook side dish
2. Coconut water
Coconut water is the clear liquid from the inside of the coconut. It’s not plain water, so it has some calories . Coconut water naturally contains potassium and sodium, making it a popular drink for rehydration after exercise.
This drinkable curd contains 90% water. buttermilk is a common drink to cool the body in the heat. In a study, buttermilk was found as hydrating as water.
It is no surprise that watermelon is 92% water. A slice of cold watermelon is as refreshing as a cold drink. It also a good source of potassium and helps maintain electrolyte balance in during summers
5. Citrus fruits
Citrus fruits are refreshing summer fruits with a water content of 87%–88%. Lemons, orange, grapefruits, and limes have a cooling effect. Citrus fruits are packed with vitamin C and phytonutrients that act as antioxidants
Mangoes have a water content of 82%. This tropical fruit feels refreshing on a hot day. Enjoy this juicy fruit high in vitamins C, E, and A in a fruit salad, smoothie, or salsa.
Tomatoes have a water content of 95%. Add this rich source of the antioxidants lycopene, vitamin C, and vitamin A to salads for a cooling meal. Lycopene is a carotenoid, a pigment that gives tomatoes their rich color.
This mild-flavored cooling squash has a water content of 94%. Enjoy this versatile vegetable packed with vitamin C, B6, and potassium all year. For a cool summer meal, grill sliced zucchini or make spiralized zucchini “spaghetti.
4. FOODS TO PREVENT BODY ODOUR
WHAT YOU EAT CAN AFFECT THHE WAY YOU SMELL…. IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YOUR BODY METABOLIZES THE FOODS YOU HAVE CONSUMED AND MANY FACTORS AFFECT THIS PROCESS, INCLUDING YOUR DIET
Body odour can be defined by your hygiene practices and your genetics , but your diet and certain foods plays a key role on how you smell
Here are 7 foods that impact and influence how your body smells
1.CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES- these can affect the body odour due to the presence of sulphur compounds in them. These cpmpounds are absorbed by the body and secreted through sweat
WELL THEN HOW CAN YOU CONSUME THESE?? ….. THE ANSWER IS – parboil these veggies in ater with a little bit of salt to get rid of the odour producing and sulphur compounds and to also retain the nutritive value of these veggies
- RED MEAT – red meat has a negative impact on odour as opposed to those who aste vegetarian foods . the science behind this could be the way in which the body metabolizes the red meat
- ALCOHOL-according to a study, alcohol that is con summed is metabolized and partly released through sweat. SO ITS NOT JUST YOUR BREATH BUT ALSO YOUR SWEAT THAT STINKS OF ALCOHOL!!
- SPICES – some soices especially cumin and fenugreek have a tendency to remain in your body for a little longer than usual and create a bad body odour
- FISH OIL- Fish oil has a type of B complex vitamin called choline which delivers a natural fishy and cause odour
- TOMATOES – Tomatoes have a chemical compound called terepenes that leads to the pungent smell of your sweat
- GARLIC –garlic can produce stink from your skin, due to the presence of allicin. Substances produced in the body after the breakdown of allicin leads to the mixing of certain bacteria with sweat which results in strong body odour
5. DIET AND WORKOUT GO HAND IN HAND /Why is nutrition important while working out??
YOUR BODY THE ENERGY IT NEEDS TO THE JOB YOU WANT !!!
– PAY ATTENTION!!!- not getting enough nutrients can compromise your health and
-FUEL UP!!!- Give our body the energy it needs to the job you want
-LOVE CARBS!!!- carbs GIVE help you body during high intensity workout. The more
active you are the more carbs your body needs.keep in mind to always choose healthy
-REBUILD YOUR PROTEIN !!!- gives body the required amino acids it needs to build
and repair muscles
-DON’T IGNORE FATS!!!- fats provide energy and are essential for the absorption of fat
soluble vitamins . be sure to pick good fats
-avoid eating right before working out – important for the restoration
-eat 3 hours before incase of high intensity workout of energy used used during the workout
6. STOKE IN YOUNGER ADULTS [younger than 45-49 years]
Stroke in younger adults are reported as being uncommon, comprising 10-15% of all stroke patients . however compared to older adults, stoke in younger adult has become more prominent and a topic of concern. Modifiable risk factors like diet, smokng, dyslipidemia , hypertension are highly prevelant and therefore should be taken care of