1.Citrus Fruits:- Citrus fruits are a great source of hydration as well as vitamin C. Some of the local and freshly available citrus fruits are oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit, and so on.
2. Cucumber:- ‘Is there anything as Cool as a cucumber’, No right? Cucumbers hydrate your body and instantly bring down the body heat. It’s also very rich in fiber and may help with constipation caused due to hot weather . Have it as a salad or with your any dip or churn it into a juice with other fresh and cooling ingredients. There is no wrong way to consume this super cooling food.
3.Water:- The forgotten nutrient, don’t forget about it. The best way to maintain the correct body temperature is hydration. Drinking 3-3.5 litres of water daily is necessary to keep the body temperature regulation.
4. Aloe Vera:- It has healthful plant compounds, antioxidant and antibacterial properties, accelerates wound healing, reduces dental plaque, treat canker sores, cures constipation, improves skin and prevents wrinkles, lowers blood sugar levels.
5. Melons:- Watermelons and musk melons sell like cool cakes in summers. They full of nutrients, antioxidants and water content(approximately 90% water) that the body needs. Melons are low in sodium, and very low in saturated fat and cholesterol. They are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin K, magnesium, potassium, and copper, and a very good source of vitamin C and vitamin B6.
6. Leafy Greens:- The GLVs (green leafy vegetables) are high in nutrient value, iron, calcium and provide a good cooling effect on the body. Spinach, lettuce, Amaranth, Chinese cabbage and kale are your summer gems. They can be had in smoothies, salads or as a side dish in a meal. These vegetables have a very high water content and are packed with nutrients.
7. Buttermilk:-Not only it gives you hydration but it also is beneficial for digestion. It also helps make your meal a complete protein. Have it with roasted cumin seeds, fresh coriander and some ginger to add that little extra flavor . It also provides relief from gut issues that may be triggered due to the weather. Rich in Vitamin A, D, Calcium, Potassium, Phosphorous, Riboflavin, Probiotics it is great drink .
8. Mango:- Mangoes have a very high antioxidant content, Regulates the Cholesterol Levels, Mangoes have some of the highest vitamin C concentrations of any fruit at the same time its rich in vitamin A ,and B complex vitamins also, Cleanses Your Skin, Regulates Diabetes, Helps to Fight Cancer, and if talk about weight gain so if you avoid having it along with the meals it won’t cause any gain. The king of fruits is your best alternative to reducing body heat if you soak it in water 2-4 hrs before eating also this soaking method helps to remove the antinutrients ( phytates) of mangoes. A Have raw mangoes in the form of aam Panna as a cooling summer drink, as chutney or curry. Mangoes are great for digestion, cure heat strokes and boost energy.
9. Lemon:- To add that yummy tanginess and vit c to your food at the same time, what can be a better combination than this. Have it fresh bcz vit c is a heat and storage sensitive vitamin. It gives your immune system and skin a boost.
10. Curd And Yoghurt : Rich source of protein, calcium, vit A, D and B vitamins milk/ yogurt is called as all la complete food. After the fermentation of milk into curd its probiotics content enhances.
11. Fish:- fish is the best source compared to other meats. Rich in good fatty acids, vit A, D, E and minerals such as zinc, selenium and glutamine it is tasty as well. It is rich in omega 3 FA which helps in reducing inflammation and it also increases HDL and decreases LDL and TG .
12. Avocado:- Avocados are very rich in MUFAs which helps in removing heat and toxins from the blood. Unlike other fatty foods that usually dehydrates the body, avocados are hydrating and the healthy fats help the body absorb other fat soluble vitamins in a better way. They are easy to digested, so the body doesn’t need to create more heat to digest them.
13. Coconut:- packed with electrolytes, vitamins and minerals coconut water keeps of cool and hydrated, this powder drink equals a power boost during a summer afternoon. It is a good way to increase your water intake also.
14. Mint :- Mint has a refreshing effect on body and mind in summer. It has a number of benefits for digestion, seasonal infections and brain health. Mint helps in digestion without raising body heat. Incorporate mint in your diet by Making tea with mint leaves, fruit juices, lemonades, ice teas, add it to your pesto sauce, salads and others.
15. Fennel – Fennel seeds are known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In summer, it acts as a refreshing ingredient that helps beat heat. Rich in fibre, it can also help in improving digestive health.
Sugary or carbonated drinks to suffice your thirst, it just gives a temporary pleasure but at the
end does so much harm to your system. These drinks are high in HFCS( high fructose corn
syrup) which is very harmful.
In conclusion, in summers your body requires more water than you can generally consume. To
keep your water intake high and body temperature normal, you need to consume foods that are
high in water such as soups, salads , smoothies, juices etc. And moreover, it’s best advised to
stay away from the strong summer afternoon, stay at your homes and safe